Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
208 posts
81,371 visits


show starting post by butterfly22
Show newest posts...
 in response to bookworm2011...   Thank you for your response, it is very helpful. My older son was fortunate to receive a scholarship based on his baseball skills and a GPA of 4.0, but I still had to co-sign loans for him b/c school cost money and a full scholarship does not cover everything, at least not for the working class. I am so upset over these new laws and how it has been affecting my younger son's chances for an education. I mean, he's only going to community college, not Harvard. With the loans I have co-signed for my older son, my salaray as a teacher, I am over extended. I don't see how I can keep doing this for the next 4 years to get my younger son through college. If I died would they still make him have a co-signer? Or simply reject him for any financial aid/student loans?
Talk to LDKC
troy flora
 in response to bookworm2011...   I was reading your blogs and i like your perspective outlook. keep up the good advise.
Talk to troy flora
 in response to LDKC...   you have three years time to file an amendment to your taxes. refile and claim your son if it will get you a return versus not claiming him. Due to new laws regarding students under 25 and credit requirements, students will need co-signers.The process is to try to get the parent to take out the loan for the student, then the rest of what the parent doesnt qualify for, the student gets in a loan,up to the amount they are eligible for.
I think its unfair and actually penalizes parents and students and there are alot of sticky situations in between. For instance, my 19 year old daughter hasn't lived at home in three years, but I had to give my info. for her to get her student loan. She qualified for 8,000 of the 14,000 and they wanted me to take out the loan for the remaining. I refused. I already pay her rent, gas, cable, and food bills. So, they denied her the financial aid unless a parent co-signed. Even if the parent is denied, they must apply(or someone has to apply as a co-signer) for the student to get any aid.
I ended up making monthly payments of about 438 a month for her remaining balance and this was the only way I could get her qualified to receive her financial aid.
Best of luck, have your son apply for scholarships and see if that helps any, also maybe a fee waiver which is different from financial aid..but helps alot as it takes care of fee's at public colleges.
Talk to bookworm2011
Try not having children if you're not in a financial position to take care of themselves and yourself. There is no one to blame for your situation than yourself. If the man says that he is using protection, then the onus is on you to make sure. If you get pregnant, there is always abortion (before you get all Christian on me, pre-marital sex is also frowned upon, but I guess you pick and choose here). Good luck.
Talk to Someonehastosayit
hi .. I am 32 years old have 2 children and mothers, but do not have a single house, I hope someone can help me .. thank you. God Bless U..
Talk to Noverlis
I didn't claim my son last year on taxes for the soul purpose for him to get a student loan and he still could not get a student loan without a co-signer. He never had any established credit, he was 19 y.o last year, worked P/T minimum wage (less than $100. per week after taxes) no benefits, and still did not qualify for aid or loan.
Talk to LDKC
 in response to sandra35...   Thank you for your e-mail.
I can't earn much money for care my 4 kids. Eldest daughter is a student of University and 3 others are schoolchild, I can't pay study fees of my eldest about 700 $ plus 2000 $ credit. I appreciate help me. Regards
Talk to heavenisinhand
Enola Sue
No i still have medical bills. I have got a lawyer but i am still under doctor care
Talk to Enola Sue
hello im a tunisien citizen im a barmen42yearold because of c (crise) im at home without work im married with two child i live in a rented house no money naw please if some one can help me to see my daughter and my son happy to eat and learn please take care for my comment really really i need help think in advance my phone number is 0021655700762
Talk to rsouga
i,m here my jerry nicholas needed your help to loan me or help me send money to started business
Talk to jerryman
I just got out of the hospital with a stroke. I was a patient in two hospitals. While at the first hospital, I received an IV in my left arm.It was neglected and I ended up with a blood clot and a staff infection which also got in my blood stream. When I went to the second hospital for rehab, they couldn't complete it because of my arm. I was only suppose to be in there for two weeks. I ended up on the medical floor instead of rehab. I had a high temp and very sick because of that infected IV. I lost my job because I wasn't there long enough for the Family Leave or long term disability to kick in. My wife is disabled and I now have no income. We do have a home payment and other bills. My wife collects $527.00 a month on Social Security Disability and our home payment is $525.00 a month. I am looking for work but at 60 years old with health problems, it is very hard. I thought about applying for disability but that takes awhile. I am not eligible for Unemployment Insurance because of my short time at my last job. We live in a small single wide mobile home. Until we can get back on our feet, we just need temporary help. We are afraid we are going to lose everything. We own a vehicle that needs work. It gets us around but not sure how long. It's got 166 thousand miles on it. We both have a lot of medications. I am diabetic with heart disease and high blood pressure and suffering from weakness on my left side because of my stroke. My wife has Fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis in her knees and can barely walk. I never asked for help like this before but I have to think of my wife. I don't care about me, just my wife.
Talk to dccamp
My name is Jennifer my husband is Employed and I am looking for work we are at the end of our rope seems like everytime we pay off one bill another one pops up and at the moment we are looking at our gas being shut off on the 19th of September. We owe lot rent but own our home. Also our vehicle is in need of repairs $200 worth and we have no idea were that's going to come from. If you have any ideas for us please tell me. We've already when to DHS and they cant help. I just don't know what to do. I'm hoping that a job will open soon.
Talk to Jenperkins08

The worst part is, I call whoever I can think of for programs or just ANY helpful info. I always get--"they told you wrong" or " try this dead end". I thought if you were a good person and honest, you would receive blessings. When does that ever happen?

Talk to Anonymous
Iam single mother and don't no help with my 5 older and need money and try find jobs and lucky and iam cry myself to sleep and be strong for next day
Talk to cashlee
I was doing OK, but went into hospital for a routine operation. The surgeon damaged my ureter and bladder and I have been in and out fo hospital for the last six months and not able to work. I have been so ill , but trying to survive and look after my chidlren. I am the sole provider. If you can help in any way please leave me a message. I live in Australia.
Talk to Avalon1
I am a 23 year old woman, who used to own a restaurant, though it didn't go down well. I gave it back two years ago but to this day I still have to pay for the loan. I sometimes have to borrow money from my older sisters. It’s hard. I'm so tired of life...i want to give up...please help me?
I have a hard situation in my life and I’m very tired
I only wish to go to University. I have worked in lots of different places to save up, but it seems like I will never be able to do what I want to.
I want to borrow me some money to change my boring life.
I hope someone out there can help me please.
If you would like to help, you can reach me on
Email me i will give you more details on my situation
i would be so very grateful to receive help.
Talk to donauk

i am in desperate need of some help .me and my mother live in a trailer that has no windows ,no locking doors ,a leaking roof and no running water.we have to haul our water in our car from 15 miles away.the inside of our house today was 96 degrees. she is on disability and i was laid off.what we really want to do is build an earthbag home using sandbags but we cant save enought to purchace the bags and sand .we own the land and dont have any debt .we just live paycheck to paycheck.i was in the process of getting another trailer when i was laid off we have to deal with alot it got to 29 degrees inside in the winter,at times i didnt think i would wake up i thought i was going to freeze to death.i have had weatherization come out only to tell me my house was to bad for them to help and it was an emergancy situation only for them to never talk to me again he said our walls looked like they were going to fall in .i dont know what to do im stuck in a neverending get water were i am at would cost around 8,000 for a well or to get city water close to 10,000 .all i want to do is cry i just want a normal life .you know its bad when you cant remember what it was like to take a long soaking bath or a shower.please if anyone could help in anyway my email address is please help im desperate i forgot to mention my car has no air conditioning and only one window will go down.

 in response to Inspiration...   ok done
Talk to michted
 in response to michted...   Send a follow up email. Try this a few more times. If this person doesn't respond after that, then we'll move onto the next person.
Talk to Inspiration
every one should be aware of unknowen web visitors they are scammers preying on someones kindness
Talk to michted